Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Kite Runner

Buy The Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniAuthor: Khaled Hosseini

Award:  Challenged Book

The Kite Runner is about a little boy named Hassan.  His father serves Amir's (Hassan's best friend) father.  The story is about their life together in the streets of Kabul.  The story takes a turn when Amir sits and watches as Hassan is abused.  This part of the book was very disturbing to me to say the least.  Amir eventually comes to America and always looks back and thinks of Hassan and what has happened to him. 
One of my college friends read this book and gave it to me quite awhile ago.  I never got around to reading it until I saw it on the challenged book list.  I did like the book, but didn't like parts of it.  I can completely understand why it was on the challenged book list. 

Hosseini, K. The Kite Runner. Riverhead Trade, 2004.

ISBN:  9781594480003

No comments:

Post a Comment