Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Is for Art: An Abstract Alphabet.

A Is for Art: An Abstract AlphabetAuthor: Stephen T. Johnson

Award: Notable Book Award

A Is for Art: An Abstract Alphabet is a wonderful book filled with ABC's for older kids.  This is not an early reader kind of book like I would think the name would suggest.  Each page has a photo of some art, like a sculptor or a painting. The author then created a description of that art work using the letter on the page.  The description uses mostly words beginning with that focus letter.  The words are for older kiddos. 
I made the mistake one day in my Kindergarten class of thinking I would read this book to my kids without reading it myself before hand.  I opened it up and read the first page, and was NOT pleasantly surprised by how it is NOT your typical ABC book.  It is a neat book with great letter usage, and wonderful artwork.  It is just not for younger students.

Johnson, S. A is for Art: An Abstract Alphabet.  Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books, 2008.

ISBN: 9780689863011

No comments:

Post a Comment