Saturday, August 6, 2011

Song and Dance Man

Song and Dance Man CoverAuthor: Karen Ackerman

Award: Caldecott Winner 1989

Grandpa and the kids are in the attic looking through all the wonderful treasures up there.  He finds a trunk with his old vaudeville days clothing.  He performs for his grand kids as they watch and enjoy the show of their grandpa reliving the 'olden days'.  This is a cute book.  The pictures are well drawn, but I think if there was more detail, it would add the story so much more.  I don't know, the story line is great, but I think it is the pictures that just kind of turned me off to this story.  I have read it in my classroom before, the kids liked it, but there is just something about it. 

Ackerman, K. Song and Dance Man. Dragonfly Books, 1992.

ISBN: 9780679819950 

No comments:

Post a Comment